Jake and I wanted to be sure to get away somewhere for our anniversary this year since it is our last one before Scarlett gets here. We thought about going to St. George but for once in my life I didn't want to go somewhere warm. We went to St. George for our honeymoon three years ago and I remember thinking St. George wouldn't be warm enough! Thanks to pregnancy, this year I just wanted to get away to a cold place. Jake was nice and let me pick a cooler location since I will probably be back to myself next year. He figured we will have plenty of opportunities to go somewhere warm when I am not pregnant.
We ended up going to Park City and it was beautiful! We actually stayed at our cabin in Brighton for two nights and drove through guardsman each day. The leaves were amazing and we even got snow one night. I was pretty excited about that! We wanted to spend money on activities rather than using it all on a hotel. We did decide to "splurge" and do a third night at a hotel in Park City.
We were able to watch movies, shop at the outlets, go to dinner, swim, hot tub, go for a nice drive, sleep in, and go on a special date night on the Heber Valley Railroad. It was a much needed vacation for both of us!
Date night on the train
Dinner at Red Rock. We went to dinner here on our
first date and try to go back each year.
Our hotel had a game room and Jake couldn't resist playing pinball!
Movie night in our hotel room. Our hotel had a little convenience
store so we got popcorn and root beer and watched Harry Potter.
Visiting the shops on Main Street
Heber Valley train
You are one of the cutest women I've seen pregnant... SERIOUSLY! Such a cute little pregnant body.
ReplyDelete