Yes, silly picture. It was Jake's idea.
I am now officially 1 week into my third trimester and I am thinking "What? How did that happen?" My body is continuing to change and I have been experiencing a lot of new pregnancy symptoms lately. Here is the report
BABY GIRL SIZE/WEIGHT:
Scarlet (unless we receive some kind of spiritual insight that this is not her name) is 2 - 3 lbs and is about 14 1/2 inches long
JENNY SIZE AND WEIGHT:
Size Large. Weight gain is 12 lbs.
COOL FACT:
Scarlet can open and close her eyes.
MOVEMENT:
Holy cow! I am pretty sure she thinks my womb is a playground. She has recently discovered my ribs and bladder. She makes me think I need to go to the bathroom when I really don't because she is moving around on my bladder so much. I am constantly changing positions to see if I can get her to move. There are very few "comfortable" positions now that she is getting bigger. And don't worry, i know it only gets worse.
I remember when her movements felt like a little coin drop in my belly. Now these "jabs" are starting to hurt and are visible even through my clothes.
Scarlet does not like anything resting on my tummy. If I rest my computer or even my hands on there she kicks and puts up a fight until I take them off.
Each time I go to the doctor either for an ultra-sound or to listen to the heartbeat they say "Wow, she is really active! You are going to have your hands full." Yes I know this. I feel it all the time. I don't think I could expect a calm, mellow child coming from Jake and I anyways so here we go.
MOST COMFORTABLE POSITIONS:
Sitting, standing, laying on my right or left side. It is getting difficult to be in any position but it is kind of a laughing matter. I just can't maneuver anymore. If I am getting out of bed I have to roll off the edge. If I am laying down and try to sit up I just get stuck. Bending over? Well I can do that a little but I can't always get back up.
STRETCH MARKS AND SWELLING:
No sign of them yet but I am sure they will come. I am definitely using cocoa butter though because my skin itches from being pulled so tight.
THINGS I LOVE:
- Baths- I have been taking a lot of baths! The only problem is getting in and out and trying to figure out how to shave and wash my feet.
- Frozen Go-Gurt
- Cold weather- I have never liked the cold until now and I probably won't again until my next pregnancy. Poor Jake is freezing because I like to keep it so cold in our house. I often daydream about going outside and just laying in the snow
- Nesting- I have probably mentioned this but I am big time in the nesting stage. I have been since about 3 1/2 months. I want to cook, clean, organize, bottle, sew, craft, etc. The trick is reminding myself that it is okay if I don't get it all done.
- Short walks
- Preparing for Scarlet to arrive- nursery, clothes, baby gear, etc.

Jenny I just want you to know that it fills me with JOY to see that little baby grow inside of you! Your blog is bubbly and bright and full of goodness just like you and Jake! I don't comment often - but I'm still reading!
ReplyDelete