Monday, September 24, 2012

Utah State Fair, For Grandpa Steenblik

The fair is a big tradition in the Steenblik family. It started years ago when Jake's Grandpa Gerrit began entering things into the fair. He ran a dairy that was previously run by his Father and on that same property grew a big, beautiful garden. Since Jake and I live in his house we are fortunate enough to still enjoy this garden property just down the street. Along with Jake's Aunt, Uncle and Cousins we try to keep the "fair tradition" alive by entering vegetables. We love it! Jake and I, as well as his Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins were all able to win ribbons this year. I say it is in honor of Grandpa! We sure miss him but I know he is smiling and proud up there. One thing we know Grandpa loved was his vegetables. 



Dairy/ Garden Property

Jake With One Of His 1st Place Ribbons

Jake And I In Front Of A Cool Tractor



Steenblik Boys Harvesting The First
 Watermelon Of The Season


Uncle Dan And Aunt Shannon In Front Of 
The Steenblik Centennial Garden Entry


No comments:

Post a Comment