I have a list of things I want to get done before Scarlett comes. Some of them I need to do now and others can wait until I am closer to due date. I have about 2 1/2 months left so hopefully that will be enough time to get through a good portion! I have prepared myself for the possibility that I might not get some things done until after she comes or even at all. Either way, it always helps to have a list!
Things I Can Work On Now:
- Finish all my canning ( I still need to do: salsa, pizza sauce, apple pie filling )
- Make freezer meals
- Find or make a blessing dress
- Get couches cleaned
- Wash all the bedding in the guest room
- Sew bed skirt and drapes for the nursery
- Paint the nursery
- Wipe down walls ( I am really OCD and some of our walls are dusty )
- Set up Scarlett's college fund
- Go on a small but relaxing vacation with Jake ( I can check this off the list next week. We are going to Park City! )
- Write "thank you" notes for gifts
- Finish organizing kitchen cupboards and make room for bottles
- Get a small "new dad" gift and write a letter to Jake to give him after Scarlett is born
- Find and book a photographer for newborn photos
Things I Can Do A Few Weeks Before Due Date:
- Have Christmas shopping done and gifts wrapped
- Clean both cars and make sure we are caught up on any repairs that need to be done
- Pack a hospital bag
- Stock up on bones, toys, food for Mack
- Get Mack as exercised as possible!
- Do a big Costco run so we don't need to go for awhile
- Clean floors, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, etc
- Wash/ put away Scarlett's bedding and clothes
- Have a video camera and a regular camera charged and ready with extra batteries
- Pick out a coming home outfit
- Make sure we are stocked up on the essentials ( diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, onesies, etc. )
- Get carseat set up in the car
2 1/5 months! Crazy! Good luck with your lists :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go Jenny! Don't feel overwhelmed because once she comes your brain will be mush and you won't care about anything but her anyways!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you and Jake.