Sunday, November 4, 2012

33 Weeks


33 Weeks and still growing! It is weird to me because I feel like my belly is getting so big and yet it doesn't seem big enough for a baby to fit inside. Babies must learn to really scrunch up! Here are the latest updates.

BABY GIRL SIZE/WEIGHT: 
  • About 17 in. long and 4.0- 4.5 lbs. 
  • She will probably gain close to a half a pound a week at this point. 


MY SIZE/WEIGHT: 
  •  I have upgraded to a size extra large over the last few weeks. 
  • Weight gain is 20lbs.


SLEEP:
  • Sleep was going much better for a couple months but is now starting to get tricky again. 
  • Baby girl loves to play at night so it is hard to get comfortable.
  • I am usually getting up to go to the bathroom a couple of times as well. 
  • One of the biggest sleep interrupters has been shortness of breath! She is squashing my insides so I get really out of breath when I lay down to sleep. Good preparation for all those sleepless nights ahead after she is born right? 


COOL FACTS: 
  • Scarletts respiratory system is almost completely mature. This is reassuring because her respiratory system is the last thing to develop in her little body. 
  • The doctor has confirmed that she has flipped head down. Let's hope she stays that way! 



MOVEMENT:
  • Scarlett is still as active as ever, although her periods of rest and sleep have become more defined. 
  • I feel plenty of pressure on my bladder and jabs in my ribs. Hiccups come on a regular basis as well!  


THOUGHTS/FEELINGS ABOUT LABOR AND DELIVERY:
  • I honestly don't feel scared about this whole process. I feel really at ease. Hospitals, doctors, needles, etc. don't bother me in the slightest. 
  • I definitely want to get an epidural more for the sake of my other health problems than anything. I am not sure what labor and CFS will do to me so I feel more comfortable not trying to go natural on my first baby. I would consider it later but not this time. 
  • Although I am not very worried about any of this I would say I worry more about having the physical stamina then I do about enduring the pain. I am hoping that adrenalin will override my CFS. I am planning for a relapse after but I would like to get Scarlett out and here before that hits! 

EMOTIONS:
  • I have moments of panic where I feel like there is not time to get everything done with the holidays coming up. I have plenty to keep me busy over the next 7 weeks. These really are just "moments" mind you and I know they are not rational. I realize that it is just that little nesting bug in me that wants to get as much done as I can before she comes so I don't have to worry about it later. Everyone is allotted a few moments of panic right? 
  • 95% I feel a lot of joy, excitement and gratitude. I am really looking forward to meeting Scarlett and having her in my arms. I know that everything will fall into place and once she is here whatever I did or didn't get done won't matter that much. It somehow all works out how it needs to. I won't lie, I partially feel excited to be done with pregnancy in general. Those pregnancy discomforts are really starting to "nag" at me. 




1 comment:

  1. Ah 7 weeks! That is like nothing, but still plenty of time to get things prepared.

    ReplyDelete