Sunday, June 10, 2012

LONG AWAITED....

Yes, both of those sticks are mine and they are positive!



I have to take a really deep breath writing this post. A deep breath for many reasons. One reason is that I am going to share some personal & spiritual information. I don't usually put that out there but the reason why I blog is for documentation. All of these experiences I share are ones that I want to be documented. I also take a deep breath because Jake and I hadn't planned on sharing this news publicly yet but seeing as how I am popping right out and everyone is staring at my belly I guess it's time. My first few pregnancy posts may be long and detailed but like I say it is for the sake of documentation! 

A small handful of you know that it has been quite the journey to get here for various reasons. I won't share all of them but one of them is that I have health problems. I have Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. I am actually doing quite well but raising a child is another story. I am going to need a lot of help and it will require a lot of courage.  

The Beginning
 My journey began October 2010. I started having a few thoughts about starting a family but pushed them right out because I didn't think it was possible yet. Jake and I were hoping for a good 5 years. Our insurance wasn't that great and I could work but not full time because of my health. We had a cute but small apartment, I hadn't even started college yet and we both felt like I needed several years for my health to improve. On top of that Jake still had a few years of school to go. 
In November Jake's grandpa was in the hospital. He was in his last few weeks of life on this earth and I spent a lot of time with him there. I always felt the spirit so strong when I was with him and I think it is because he was so close to leaving. There was one particular time I was sitting in the hospital that I felt a very strong, clear sense of urgency to start a family. I knew from that point on that everything would fall into place and that this was a prompting I needed to act on. 
After that a lot of things fell into place but other things did not. I continued to receive promptings and guidance along the way to encourage me to keep fighting for this but it was a bit of a fight. The challenge I said I would share a little about was my health. It took me about a year of changing medications and sleep habits just to get to the point where it would be safe to carry a baby. Unfortunately a lot of the medications that were helping me so much would be harmful to a baby in the womb so it was difficult to try and find a way to go off of them and remain healthy myself. I had a lot of doctors visits, prayers, and chats with fellow CFS patients. I knew it would be difficult to raise a child with what I have but I had to at least get to the part where I can get a kid here! I didn't realize that part would be so tricky. I had a few relapses but am so lucky to have so many supportive friends and family around me. I know a lot of women have challenges for one reason or another and to all of you I just want to say hang in there. Besides my health challenges a lot of doors were opened and I could never doubt that this baby has been anxious to join us for quite some time. After all the preparation I am pregnant and feeling good! My Chronic Fatigue is not bothering me much at all right now so I am really enjoying that. 

I am exactly 3 months along today. Our due date is December 23rd 2012. Oops kind of poor planning but I guess I didn't think it would happen that soon! Jake's birthday is the 26th so we could have: baby's b-day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and Jake's b-day all in a row. As crazy as it will be I actually think it will make for a very special Christmas each year. Bring on the madness! I have much more to catch up on but that will have to be saved for another post! 


Here are some pics:

10 week photo


12 week photo

8 comments:

  1. So excited for you two! Being a parent is the best! Let us know how we can help you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting, Jen! Good luck with everything. Keep us posted and let us know anything we can help with along the way. Lots of prayers coming yours and your sweet family's way. Yay! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very happy for you! You will be such an amazing mother! Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's so exciting. I hope that you continue to feel well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny and Jake!! WAHOO! Congratulations to you! It is one of the greatest and most rewarding things to happen to you. I am thrilled for you guys and hope you continue to have good health!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats girl!! So happy you stopped by my blog so we can now be blog buddies. I'm so happy for you and Jake :) What exciting news!!! Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And this is why I didn't know... I am woefully behind on blog reading! That'll teach me!

    I am so excited for the two of you. And I am so happy you're feeling so good. Also? You are an adorable pregnant lady already!! You've got the cute bump and everything. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete