Jake and I had a very enjoyable weekend filled with: jake's soccer, the rodeo, board games, bbq's, lots of fireworks, yard work, gardening, projects, a sleepover, snuggling, real game, family, and friends!
I don't know how we fit it all in, but we did.
OAKLEY RODEO
For those of you who don't know, I am a cowgirl at heart. Definitely a wannabe. There is something about the country that has me hooked. It is beautiful and peaceful. I love it all. The horses, boots, simplicity, music, etc. I enjoy going to the rodeo each year because its a small taste of country life! Not to mention Jake looks amazing in cowboy boots!
FAMILY BBQ UP MILLCREEK
My stepsister and her husband and daughter were in town over the weekend. We don't get to see them much so my mom planned a bbq to get us all together. I have been anxious for a bbq since the beginning of summer so I was glad it finally happened.
FIREWORKS AT MY IN-LAWS
Jake's aunt, uncle, and cousins come in town from Texas every summer for a few weeks. One thing we enjoy doing with them is fireworks! Though I have to say, Jake enjoys it more than anyone. He LOVES lighting fireworks. In fact, he was jumping up and down with excitement the whole night. I loved it. :)
REAL GAME
One of our friends offered us free tickets for the Real game on the 4th. We couldn't pass it up! We also ran into my cousins there.
FIREWORKS
After the real game we hurried over to the old Holladay Elementary building for fireworks. My favorite part was snuggling with Jake and listening to the music. I love the song "Proud To Be An American," by Lee Greenwood. I'll be honest It always makes me a little emotional listening to it. I feel truly blessed to live in this country where I am free.
I love this video:
No comments:
Post a Comment