Oh that Jacob. I am so proud of him! I just have to take a minute to brag about my amazing husband and his accomplishments. For those of you who don't know, Jake works at the University of Utah emergency room. Both through his work and through his schooling he has had the opportunity to do mounds of research! Because he is at the end of his major (one of them) he was able to present some of the research he has done on a particular study. He very discretely mentioned that he would be having a presentation and that I could come if I wanted. Not knowing the details of what this was all about I debated whether I should miss work to go. I decided that it was probably a bigger deal than he was leading on so I took half of the day off to go. Silly Jacob, it was a HUGE deal! Jake has worked so hard on all of his research and has had the privilege of working alongside some great doctors in his study. They have been so good to Jake and have given him countless opportunities to give him good experience in the medical field. Aside to doing the research, Jake was able to have his name published on a medical paper. (an opportunity that most undergrads will never get.) Needless to say I am so glad I got that "hunch" that Jake was just being too humble about this whole presentation because he certainly was. Here are some pictures of him and I at his presentation.

No comments:
Post a Comment