Jake and I had a furry little friend come to visit us for a couple of days. We named him Oscar.
Here is the sequence of events that happened during the few days Oscar was with us.
FRIDAY, MAY 6th
- Jake threw a hoppin bachelor party his good friend Seth Fullmer (who we love)
- There were a lot of people in the house so it got a little warm
- We opened the back door to cool the house down
- Oscar saw a nice, lit up, cozy home and thought it was an invitation to let himself in.
- He snuck in our kitchen without anyone noticing
SATURDAY, MAY 7th
- Jake's sister Heidi (who we also love) and her friend came to hang out at our house
- Jake walked into the kitchen and saw Oscar scurry across the counter and down behind our fridge
- "Oh No"-jake
- "What?"-jenny
- "Nothing."-jake
- "No tell me."-jenny
- "You are not going to be happy."-jake
- "Just tell me."-jenny
- "I saw a mouse run across our counter."-jake
- I freak out tell him I don't believe him ( we had a mouse problem at our old apartment)
- he convinces me he really saw a mouse
- we look everywhere and find nothing.
SUNDAY, MAY 8th
- I take my sleeping pills and start dozing off
- I hear Jake saying "What do you think you are doing hiding in our furniture? I'm going to get you."
- I laugh
- "Jake what are you doing?"-jenny
- "I figured it out! I know where he went."-jake
- I get out of bed and go into the kitchen
- Jake tells me that he saw the mouse (Oscar) scurry across the counter again, run down behind the fridge and disappear.
- He pulled out the fridge and revealed.. dun dun dun .. mouse droppings (only a couple days worth) AND a hole in the back of our fridge
- I think; "what a clever little mouse! He is living in the fridge." (not the part where we keep our food)
- We grab: Flashlights and a camera
- Shine the flashlight in the hole and out comes: Oscar the mouse.
- Oscar runs along the cabinets and into the heater vent
- I decide I want to catch him
- I turn off all the lights and "hide" on the table where Oscar can't see me. (I was sure he would come out of the heater vent and back into the fridge while I was watching but to my disappointment, he didn't)
- I decide to go to bed
- I lay down for 10 minutes and hear the mouse trap snap
- I feel bad for the little guy
- I fall asleep
MONDAY, MAY 9th
- Jake wakes up
- Jake finds Oscar dead in the mouse trap
- Jake throws him away
THE END
P.S. I am sorry to report that we are having technical difficulties and can't get the actual photos off of our camera. I know you are all disappointed.

No comments:
Post a Comment