Some of you may have already discovered Nie Nie's blog but I am a late comer. For those of you who aren't familiar with this name, Nie Nie is a nickname for a remarkable woman named Stephanie Nielson. Stephanie and her husband were in a tragic plane crash in 2008. She has burns over 80% of her body and her husband has burns over 40%. She writes an inspiring blog mostly about her day to day life as a wife and mother and sometimes her challenges that followed the accident.
This past week as I discovered her blog I have spent hours of time absorbed in her entries. I have found myself looking back to posts before the accident and reading on and on to her up to date posts. I can't stop reading. It is like one of those books that you finish in a day, not because you have the time but because you simply cannot put it down. What is so addicting about her blog you ask?
Her ability to celebrate the small significant moments in life that we all too quickly pass by. She is a reminder of the divinity in motherhood and nobility of being a wife. She recognizes mortality for what it is. A gift from our Father in Heaven and an important part of His eternal plan for us. She has a great sense of humor and seems to thoroughly enjoy every moment of her role as a wife and mother. If you haven't read it, try it. You will see. You will be addicted too. If you do I encourage you to watch the video's on the right side of her blog. Also a must read. Her sisters blog. While Stephanie was in a coma for 6 months one of her sisters took 3 of her children and posted updates on the Nielson family in her own blog. After you read it, comment on this post. I am curious to see what everyone thinks.
www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com (Stephanies blog)
http://blog.cjanerun.com (Stephanies sisters blog)
Scroll back to posts in August 2008



No comments:
Post a Comment