I have not yet bought a journal for baby B so I figured I better document my pregnancy on here before I forget! I have found myself looking back at old posts to remember my pregnancy with Scarlett. It is amazing how much of it is a blur to me after such a short period of time. Here is my 29 week update.
Weight gain- 14lbs. About the same as my 1st pregnancy.
Braxton Hicks- I have been having contractions since 22 weeks but thankfully they have slowed down. My contractions with pregnancy #1 ranged from mild-uncomfortable and with this one have ranged from uncomfortable-painful. I have also had them much more frequently than I did with Scarlett. They are not a concern because they are not consistent.
Progesterone- I started getting progesterone shots once a week at 16 weeks and will continue to get them until 36 weeks. Most women who have had a baby pre-term get them to prevent another early baby. 14 shots down, 6 to go.
Due date- My due date is Dec 11th but we have set a date for me to be induced Dec. 4th. At my 28 week appointment we talked with Dr. Clark about a possible delivery time. Although no one really knows when I will go into labor she feels that based on my past it will be around the same time I went into labor with Scarlett which is 35 weeks. We set the induction date more as a "just in case" I make it that far but there is a good chance baby B could be here much sooner. Seeing as how I am almost 30 weeks, we could be looking at 5 weeks from now. At the latest I have 9 weeks. Either way, being a family of 4 (5 including Mack) is just around the corner.
Preparations- Just like my first pregnancy I have a list of things I want to get done before baby girl arrives. The difference this time is that I have bumped up my time line by 5 weeks to be safe. I hated not being more prepared when I had Scarlett. I had not yet packed my hospital bag or finished the nursery, etc. I know it all works out regardless but it was a little bit of a whirlwind and it would be much more relaxing to know we are ready for her by the time she comes. That way after we bring her home I can use that time to recover, adjust, and be with my family.
The main things left on my list are:
Finish decorating the nursery
Buy a new carseat
Finish packing my hospital bag
Bottle a few more things
Make freezer meals
Do a few fun activities with S
Clean out the nursery closet

No comments:
Post a Comment