Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dollar Tree Quiet Bins For Scarlett

Dollar Tree Quiet Bins

I decided I wanted to put together some bins for Scarlett that she could use to play independently. The idea is that your kids don't have access to the bins all the time so it keeps them exciting. You can rotate through them a few times each week or even just save them for a rainy day. I wanted them to be educational and good for her developmentally. Most of these things she can play with on her own and are appropriate for toddlers however, I did pick up a few things she needs some help/monitoring with. 
I spent about $30.00 on 5 bins at Dollar Tree. 
 ( I forgot to pick up the extra 2 bins so right now I have them stuffed into 3) 

Bin #1

     1. Soft princess puzzle
2. Measuring cups
3. Measuring spoons
4. Magnetic beach set
5. Fishing pole set 
( I added magnets to the whole set so it 
would be easier for her to pick up.)
6. Large Magnet
7. Various small magnets from home
8. Pipe cleaner
9. Lid with holes to put pipe cleaner through



Bin #2 

1. Paint pages (these come with a little bit of paint on each page so you don't 
have to pull out a paint set. It is pretty mess free.)
2. Doc McStuffins sticker activity book
3. Matching Cards 
4. Water Bottle filled with: water, poms, bugs, dice, mini 
barrel of monkeys and jewels. (I glued the lid shut so she can't spill it.)
5. Modeling Beads (similar to moon dough) 
6. 3 Mini barrel of Monkeys (in the party favor section)
7. Avengers inflatable hammer
8. Winnie the Pooh number flash cards
9. 2 Slinky's 
10. Magnetic numbers



Bin #3

1. Cars (I love the wooden cars they have! 
You can also make road pieces to put together out of felt.) 
2. Doodle set (I looked somewhere else for one of these and it was $8.00)
3. Doctor play set
4. Silly Putty 



No comments:

Post a Comment