Scarlett turned 3 months old on February 19th. I don't have any stats this month because there is no well check up at 3 months.
Scarlett is getting more and more fun each day. Jake and I love that she responds to us now and we can interact a with her so much more than we used to be able to. Here are some of the things Scarlett has been up to this last month:
- Scarlett went to her first Ute event! Jake and I took her to the gymnastics meet and she loved it. I was really worried about taking her somewhere so noisy and bright. We went knowing that she might only last 15 minutes or so. I was wrong about that one. She seemed to thoroughly enjoy the chaos. She stared at the lights for a good while and didn't seem bothered by the noise. She even ended up sleeping through the 2nd half of the meet.
- Scarlett had her first Valentines day. We celebrated with her by going out to dinner and then watching a movie at home. I decided to be brave and sew her a Valentines outfit.
- Scarlett learned to hold and shake a rattle. The first time she did it I helped her put her fingers around it and she held on tight and shook it. I was so excited that I yelled out "Yay Scarlett! Good job baby!" and I think I scared her.
- She follows objects back and forth
- Scarlett is teething! Oh dear. She seems to always be on the fast track. I guess at least we can get it over with sooner.
- She is still always moving. Her blankets end up on the floor multiple times a night no matter how tight I wrap her in them. She loves to kick them off. She sometimes gets frustrated in her bumbo because she can't move like she wants to.
- She broke a record by sleeping 8 hours straight! She has never done that before. I wouldn't mind if she did it a little more often.
- Scarlett LOVES toys and books these days. When I read to her she just stares at the pages and when it comes to play time she is all over it! She wants so badly to grab her toys and handle them herself. As long as they are in her reach she will get them and either put them in her mouth or squeeze them really hard. If she can't reach them we are in trouble! The other day I put her in her bouncer and there is a little butterfly that hangs down. It doesn't hang down far enough for her to reach it yet. She swung her arms at it and kicked her legs determined to get to it. She was getting so frustrated that she started grunting and ended up in tears over it. She has done this multiple times since.
- Another thing Scarlett loves are baths. She loves them so much that she throws a 15 minute tantrum every time we take her out. When she is in the bath she is one happy girl. We can no longer get through a bath without getting wet because she splashes all over the place. She gets really excited and kicks her legs like crazy.




No comments:
Post a Comment