Thursday, March 21, 2013

4 Months

Stats:

Height: 0%  (21 in.) 

Weight: 6th % (11 lbs 9 oz)

Head Circumference: 23rd % (15 in )


Scarlett is four months old now. I can't believe how fast little babies change and grow. 


We love watching Scarlett hit new milestones and become more aware of her surroundings. She seems so intrigued by pretty much everything these days. She just stares with wide eyes and takes it all in. I love having her as my little buddy each day whether I am out running errands, making dinner, cleaning or that rare occasion when I am just relaxing on the couch. Although we have a lot of fun together, both Scarlett and I look forward to when Jake comes home at the end of the day. 
One of my favorite things is leaning over Scarlett's swing in the morning and having her smile at me. Big gummy smiles are the best! 
Here is what Scarlett has been doing this last month

  • Scarlett is somewhat mobile. Oh dear! She has learned to scoot herself with her feet. If I am not careful she can scoot herself right off of her changing table. 
  • Sleep is going a little better. She is starting to nap pretty well and is finally falling into a routine. She takes three naps a day. Her first nap is usually 2-3 hours. Her second and third naps are usually anywhere from 1-1/12 hours. It has been tricky to figure out a bedtime schedule for her because I have to work around my health problems. I need 10 or 11 hours to function well so I am trying to align  her sleep schedule with mine. I knew before I had her that this would be a challenge. In order to take care of her each day I need to take care of me and unfortunately for cfs patients that means a lot of sleep. I can't wake up early and remain strong and healthy so that means putting her to bed a little later and trying to get her to sleep a little later. I just have to make sure I go to bed right after she does since we both need about the same amount of sleep. Night time sleep for little S is still a work in progress. She is starting to sleep longer stretches more often. That usually means 5 hours instead of 3 or 4. The doctor told us that she does not have enough body fat to sleep too much longer than that without needing to eat. It is typical for preemies to not sleep quite as long as full term babies. 
  • Scarlett and I have been enjoying a lot of walks outside since the weather has warmed up. It is so nice to be able to be out and about with her and not worry about her getting cold.
  • She is eating rice cereal with a spoon now. By eating I mean swallowing half of it and getting the other half all over her face. 
  • We are starting a new reflux medication because little S is still having a lot of trouble. I hope this new one can help her a little more until she grows out of it.















1 comment:

  1. She is like a perfect mix of you and Jake! She is adorbale!

    ReplyDelete