I was relieved to have another ultra-sound and see that the baby is still doing well. We decided instead of calling family after our appointment we would do something fun to reveal the gender. Earlier in the week I went to the U of U bookstore to pick up two items. I picked up a red and black tutu to represent a girl and a sock monkey to represent a boy. When everyone got to our house they got to vote on what they thought the gender would be by holding up either a sock monkey card or a tutu card. Here was everyones votes:
Stephen
Heidi
Dad
Zach
Sharon
Laurel
Grandma
Mom
Brent
All in all there were 6 votes for a boy and 3 for a girl
Jake and I of course had to pretend we didn't know what the gender was even though we did!
After everyone voted I had Jake open a gift that had the item that represented the gender:
It was hard to keep it a secret even for a few hours while we waited for family to arrive but I'm glad we did! It was fun to have Jake open the gift and see the look on everyone's faces. I will say that both Jake and I were very surprised when we found out we were having a girl. For some reason I really had a hunch it was a boy. Regardless, we are so thrilled! I cried all of the home from the hospital because I feel so blessed to have a baby on the way. We are still working on names but I will post as soon as it is decided.
Thanks for sharing that it was so cute! I am so thrilled for you. Being a mom is the hardest but best job in the world. Love you guys!!!!
ReplyDeleteAhh a girl! So excited for you two! What a lucky little lady she will be to have such wonderful parents!
ReplyDeleteSo fun!
ReplyDeleteoh so fun! I am so excited for you two to be parents! It is the best!
ReplyDeleteCongrats you two!!! Little girls are the best and are sooooo sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteHe he he! Sophia and Lily are so excited to have another playmate! They are going to have so much fun together, I <3 it! :D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is one lucky girl. Glad all is going so well!
ReplyDeleteGirls are so fun!!! So excited for you :)
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!!
ReplyDelete