Tuesday, July 24, 2012

18 Week Stats



Cravings:
  • I have craved different things on and off throughout my pregnancy. Pickles, Slurpees/ Snow Cones, Mac & Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Popsicles, Fried Chicken, Corn dogs, and Handi Snacks. (Unfortunately I can't give into most of these much because they aren't good for baby)  
  • The only thing I have craved consistently from the beginning is Potatoes, Potatoes, Potatoes! I want them in every way, shape, and form.
  • On a healthier note, I almost always enjoy fruit and fresh vegis from the garden

Yucky Foods:
  • Most foods but that is starting to get better
Really Yucky Foods:
  • Red Meat. Ugh! I can't look at it, think about it, or smell it. (Unless it is a little bit of ground beef. Cooked of course)
  • Asian and Mexican Food


Baby Girls Size and Weight:
  • About 5 1/2 inches (the size of a sweet potato)
  • Almost 7 oz


"Morning" Sickness:
  • I rarely throw up anymore and if I do it is usually brought on by something
  • As of a few days ago my nausea has finally started to subside. It is now mild and tolerable on most days
  • I occasionally have times where I want to eat and eat and consider myself to have a great appetite (hope this only gets better :)


Heart Burn:
  • I have had it for a few years but it has been mild with meds... until a couple weeks ago! It is definitely kicking in now. I get it mostly at night.


Weight Gain:
  • A whopping pound and a half. How could this be? I feel like I am still eating plenty and yet the weight never makes it on me. (It sure looks like it does!) My doc said she isn't concerned at this point but I really feel like it is time to start adding some poundage. I am trying to step up my healthy fats so hopefully that will help. 


Sleep:
  • Yikes! This has been the biggest issue in my pregnancy. I am sleeping terribly. I believe it is mostly due to my health problems. Combine that with the summer heat and pregnancy and it is no bueno! My wonderful Doctor is doing everything she can to get me to sleep but I can't increase my meds so nothing is doing a whole lot. I have finally started to see a little bit of change over the last week or so. I am hoping this means my 2nd trimester relief is just hitting me late and that it will continue. At least until the 3rd trimester comes right? ha ha 

Cool Facts:
  • Her ears are in final position
  • She can hear us talking now
  • She can yawn, hiccup, suck, and swallow
  • She can cry

Names: (undecided, but these are possibilities) 
  • Scarlet Morgan Steenblik
  • Addyson Morgan Steenblik

CFS:
  • Oopsy. I have relapsed! I don't think I expected it because I was doing pretty darn good before I was pregnant. Also, most women with CFS actually improve during pregnancy. I think I figured I would be among that majority. I actually didn't notice any CFS symptoms during most of the first trimester. Towards the end I started to relapse and have symptoms I haven't had in over a year so I have been pretty sick. When you have CFS and aren't sleeping, everything else falls apart pretty quickly. 
  • On a positive note... along with all of my other symptoms I have finally noticed some change in the last week. It is possible I will come out of it! 


Emotions:
  • All in all I have really only had a couple occasions where I felt moody and emotional. Jake is very grateful for this. Let's cross our fingers that it stays this way for the next 22 weeks.  
  • I am overwhelmed with joy and gratitude that Jake and I will be welcoming our first baby into our family in just 5 months! I am also grateful that I am have had a healthy pregnancy so far and that baby girl is doing good! 
  • I am just plain overwhelmed. I feel like there is so much to do! I have lists of things I want to get done and it seems like 5 months isn't long enough for everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment