Okay I can't lie. April fools is truly one of my favorite holidays. I can't let it slip away without pulling a little something off. Last year Jake and I pretended to be engaged. But since we are already married, the next best thing was to fake a pregnancy.
One of my very best friends was coming home from her mission the day after April Fools day so I decided to drag on the holiday for one more day. Since she hadn't seen me in a year and a half she made for a perfect person to play my joke on. What I didn't know was that I would get a few other people as well!
I tried several different things to make my belly look pregnant. I finally ended up using a pillow and with the right jacket on it was perfect!
I was meeting up with some friends to go to the airport with no plans of playing the joke on them. I figured I had seen them so recently that they would just know it was a joke. Boy was I wrong. We all got together and I noticed they kept looking down at my belly but didn't say a thing about it. They all thought I was pregnant, including my step-brother! It was pretty funny
The airport was a success. My friend asked if it was a honeymoon baby because of course we have only been married for 6 months. I told her it was and had her going for a few minutes. Needless to say she wasn't very happy when she found out it was a joke. She hit me with the pillow when I said April Fools.
Here are some pictures:
Welcome Home Ashten!
P.S. I also managed to get two people with my shocking pen that same night (sorry guys)
It was a successful April Fools.
#1 - Even with the title of this post, I still got a little excited! ;)
ReplyDelete#2 - you will be the cutest prego EVER - when that day comes.
#3 - I miss you!
#4 - I think we should play some day soon!
#5 - Love you lots!!!!
JENNY. I can't believe you nabbed me with your DUMB shocking pen. But I sure love this post! I'm glad you successfully stretched April Fools over 2 days instead of one. Only you, Jenny. (:
ReplyDelete