Sunday, November 15, 2009

Always Label Cooking Ingredients

As a wedding gift we got some clear containers. I decided to use them for all my basic cooking ingredients such as: flour, sugar, salt, etc. When Jake saw them he said, "Don't you think you should label those?" My reply was, "No they are all different sizes so it is easy to remember what is what."
A few days later I wanted to make an apple pie type thing. It said to mix sugar, cinnamon, and apples and bake. I got it all ready and was so excited to make this scrumptious recipe! Just as I was about to put it in the oven Jake snitched an apple and gagged. I was thinking that was pretty rude until he said, "Did you mean to put salt in this?" Oops! He was right. I guess I should have listened to my wonderful husband and labeled the salt and sugar!



1 comment:

  1. Jenny!!!! You have the cutest blog! And YOU'RE MARRIED! It's the best huh?! Jake is the coolest. Where are you living?

    ReplyDelete