Monday, August 19, 2013

8 Months




Scarlett turned 8 months on July 19th. We have been up to a lot of fun things this summer! I feel like I am re-living my childhood through Scarlett. It has been so fun to take her places and do things with her.  She seems to thoroughly enjoy EVERYTHING we do. Our summer so far has been filled with: walks, swimming, the zoo, cabin trips, vacations, the lake, the beach, the rodeo, the park, parties, the garden, fireworks, horseback riding, playing with Mack, spending time with family and friends, etc. Scarlett truly has a zest for life and no matter what we are doing she acts like it is just so much fun! Even if I am out running errands she grins from ear to ear. Jake and I are learning a lot from her. Her enthusiasm for life is a good reminder for us to relax and have fun. We feel so blessed to have her in our family

Here is what Scarlett has been up to this last month:

  • A week or two before Scarlett turned 8 months she started crawling! This girl is sure determined to get around
  • We got little S her first sippy cup. She drinks well from it as long as she can get it tipped up. 
  • She has been saying a lot of things but it is more repeating what we say rather than understanding what they actually mean. She can say: hi, boo, boob (uh boo b), uh oh (uh o), ma, bah bah (I think this is the only one she understands the meaning of), oh wow (oh wah ), etc.
  • She is starting to look a lot like Jake, especially when she smiles! 
  • Now that she is crawling, sleep is tricky. She is all over the place when we put her down and even when she is really tired she can't lay down long enough to fall asleep. I know this phase will pass but it is kind of tough right now. 
  • Scarlett has seen a lot of firework shows and isn't so sure about them. The first time she watched she was in awe of the lights and started getting excited. About halfway through she decided the noise was scary and cried and cried. 
  • Scarlett has been doing something that I just love. Whenever we leave or enter her room we see her peeking through the bars of her crib with a huge smile on her face. It is so cute! 
  • Scarlett is really starting to enjoy music. Jake and I have always started dancing when music comes on so now when she hears music she looks at us and waits for us to dance. She has even started to join in a little.
  • She has been trying to pull herself up on things lately. Yikes! I am afraid walking is just around the corner. 
  • We have been giving her a lot of different solids lately and she seems to enjoy that. A lot of times we just give her whatever we are eating ( as long as it is a fruit or veggie ) I want her to get used to a lot of different tastes! 
  • Little S loves it when we clap for her and say "yay scarlett!" The only problem is that whenever people clap she thinks they are clapping for her. 
We love you Scarlett Morgan!









1 comment: