It has only been about 5 weeks since my last blog update and I feel like so much has changed with my pregnancy already. We have been able to have 2 ultrasounds in the last month!
ULTRASOUND #1
This ultrasound was the longest one we have had. It lasted about an hour. I felt spoiled to be able to sit and watch our baby for so long. We saw her yawn, put her fingers in her mouth, practice chewing, and she even decided to buck like a horse a few times. (Maybe she was really just practicing her dance moves.) One thing she has done consistently at each ultrasound is keep her legs tucked up covering her girl parts.
ULTRASOUND #2
Everything is still looking good and healthy with our little one. We got a long video of our ultrasound but didn't really get many pictures. I thought I would post one of her cute foot!
PREGNANCY
CRAVINGS
- I really haven't had any. Popsicles always sound good but I wouldn't say I crave them
- I am starting to like chocolate again for the first time since I have been pregnant.
YUCKY FOODS
- Some meat
- Asian food
- Some Mexican food
MORNING SICKNESS
- I have not thrown up for weeks! It is really nice
- I wouldn't say I have a great appetite but I tolerate a lot more food than I used to.
- There is food that sounds good besides popsicles and slurpees
- I am really starting to enjoy our garden food and food in general a lot more.
WEIGHT GAIN
- 8 lbs even though it looks like more. I am happy to know I am at least putting on something!
SLEEP
- Getting much better! Most nights I only wake up once or twice in the night and fall back asleep pretty quickly after.
- The circumstances have to be "right" for me to sleep well. I am starting to sleep with a lot of pillows and if it is too hot, loud, or bright I don't sleep very good.
- The only position I can sleep in is laying on my left side.
EMOTIONS/ HORMONES
- I still haven't had a lot of very moody moments but I have noticed my patience decrease and my irritability increase. Oops. I am trying really hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to be irritated but sometimes I get so bugged for no reason!
- I am not overwhelmed about the baby coming anymore. For awhile I was pretty stressed about being able to get everything ready on time. I was also so worried about my ability to be a good mom and do everything right.
- I am starting to get really excited! As my body has been going through changes over the last month this whole process is feeling more and more real. I can't believe I have 4 months left! I am getting to know our little girl better since I can feel her so much and since we have been able to get a good look at her. Now that I am past half way I get to start doing all the fun things like plan the nursery, choose baby gear, register, and even buy a few outfits!
- I am so relieved at how fast the time has gone so far. I remember awhile ago thinking " Oh man when I am pregnant one day time will go so slow and nine months will seem so long." It has not been that way at all. We have been so busy and it has made time fly.
- I love and appreciate Jake more than words can explain. He is amazing and is so helpful and patient with me! He is going to be such a great Dad! He likes to yell into my belly and try to get baby to respond. Of course she doesn't know what he is saying but it makes me laugh anyways.
MOVEMENT
- I am definitely feeling her move. A lot. Did I mention that I feel her move a lot? She is a wiggle worm and her wiggles are feeling much stronger than they used to. Sometimes I wonder when she rests because I swear she is always moving. I can't imagine what these movements are going to feel like a few months from now.



Two ultrasounds in one month? Man I am so jealous! Though we did get to see our little girl dance around for an hour at our appointment and it was amazing! I just want to watch the video over and over again. I'm glad you are getting some sleep and feeling a little better.
ReplyDelete