Tuesday, November 1, 2011

San Francisco- Way to go Jake!

 I couldn't be more proud of Jake. He is such a hard worker and wonderful person. Jake and I recently had the opportunity to go to San Francisco on "business."He works in the Emergency Room at the University of Utah Hospital for the ER medical director. He has been able to do a lot of research for them and was asked to present his research to Doctors at a National Medical Conference. If you are familiar with the medical world, you know this is a huge deal. These conferences are held annually and the people that typically present research findings are Doctors. Not undergrads. We were very humbled by this privilege. The extent of our vacations are usually cabin trips, Jackson Hole, and camping so it was nice to have a change of scenery. In fact, Jake and I have never even flown on a plane together.




OUR HOTEL: 
Jake's work payed for our trip so we had a list of hotels we could choose from. We stayed at The Palace. It was a gorgeous 5 star hotel. It was really fun to be spoiled but I can honestly say I felt a little out of place. My jaw dropped when we pulled up to the front. As soon as we walked in I thought of Home Alone 2 when Kevin McCallister stayed in the fancy hotel. Our concierge had the exact same accent as the one in the movie so Jake and I got a good laugh out of that.  







photo






JAKE'S PRESENTATION:
Jake presented his research on a Saturday afternoon. I was really sad because I wasn't able to go see him present. Tickets were $150.00 a piece. Here are some pictures of Jake. He is pretty darn handsome! 


 





Both Jake and I saved up some spending money for the trip. 
Since I couldn't go to his presentation I decided to 
use some of mine to get a pedicure.





FISHERMAN'S WHARF:
Fisherman's wharf was one of my favorite parts of our trip. It was so pretty right by the bay. 
There was a lot of amazing food and good shopping. 
















ALCATRAZ:
Alcatraz is a prison on an island that is no longer running. 
I have always wanted to see it and wasn't able to last time I visited San Francisco. Soon after we knew we were going to San Francisco we booked our tickets to Alcatraz.











GHIRARDELLI SQUARE:
Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. 
We of course had to make a stop at Ghirardelli Square to get some goodies.






SAN FRANCISCO BRIDGE:
 We went to the San Francisco Bridge on our last day. 
It happened to be the only foggy day on our whole trip. 
We were standing right in front of the bridge but couldn't even see it. 
Maybe next time.











1 comment:

  1. So fun! Way to go Jake! Way impressive! I am glad you guys got to be spoiled! :)

    ReplyDelete