Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Food Storage

 Food storage is something I have felt passionate about for a long time. We have been asked by the church over and over to have food storage so we can be prepared for emergencies. I have always known this is counsel  I should follow but have felt overwhelmed for multiple reasons. Mostly I have been overwhelmed by the time, money, and planning it takes to accumulate a good amount of food storage. I have had my moments of doubt where I wondered if this is something I could do, though I have been determined to do it. I started praying that a way would be made possible for me to prepare my small family for emergencies even with my newly wed income, and often limited time. Between couponing, case lot sales, and the use of my garden I have been able to establish a sufficient supply. I am also going to attempt planning meals around my storage so we are actually using everything we have. (I didn't get pictures of all of it )




Hopefully I can keep building my food storage. Next goal: 72 hour kits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment