Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Old Apartment

I have decided there are good things and bad things about having the internet at home now. I definitely spend more time on the computer. Time that could probably be better spent. However, I finally get to keep up with the blogging world. I loaded pictures onto our computer that have been on our camera since 2008 so I thought I might as well post some! Here are some pictures of our apartment we just moved out of. It was a special place for us because it was our very first apartment together. We miss it but are loving our new house!



                                      FAMILY ROOM:






                                       KITCHEN:




                           WASHER AND DRYER:



                                OFFICE, LAUNDRY ROOM, CRAFT ROOM:



                               BATHROOM:




                                     MASTER BEDROOM:







                                LAST PICTURE IN OUR APARTMENT:





                                     STORAGE ROOM:





                                      FRONT DOOR:








          12 THINGS I WILL MISS ABOUT OUR 1700 S. APARTMENT


  1. It's charm
  2. the tennis courts
  3. Joe (our landlord)
  4. the gigantic garden with which we could plant whatever we want
  5. the fruit trees ( peaches, plums, apples, nectarines, pears, cherries)
  6. our dark bedroom (only because it allowed me to sleep as long as I needed with no interruptions)
  7. the memories we had
  8. our very large storage room
  9. free cable
  10. the location
  11. our ward
  12. our calling in the ward
         12 THINGS I WON'T MISS
  1. Mice in our storage room
  2. spiders everywhere
  3. no hot water pressure
  4. no natural light
  5. parking so far away from out door and hauling loads of groceries back and forth
  6. ceiling tiles that looked like they were going to fall on us
  7. limited closet space ( we had our clothes in 3 different rooms)
  8. paying rent
  9. overgrown vines taking over the whole house! 
  10. a very cold spare bedroom
  11. not enough space
  12. a broken fridge


      12 THINGS WE ARE ALREADY LOVING ABOUT OUR HOUSE


  1. Its a house.
  2. Jake and I each get our own closets
  3. Hearing kids playing, lawn mowers mowing, people talking, cars driving by, etc. (anything that lets me know i'm connected to the outside world)
  4. light throughout the house ( I even find myself trying to turn off lights that are already off)
  5. being able to keep all my food in the kitchen
  6. painting and decorating 
  7. a master bathroom ( and a second bathroom for guests)
  8. parking in the driveway
  9. saving money
  10. having the interne
  11. getting to know new people
  12. having a piano
  13. having a guest room
  14. being closer to the temple
  15. making new memories
  16. having a yard of our own
  17. being in Steenblik territory where people already know how to spell our last name
  18. living in a home that used to belong to Grandma and Grandpa Steenblik
  19. having pretty wood floors
  20. a new start
  21. getting to know Jakes aunts and uncles while getting the house ready


     (I know that was more than 12 but we are really loving our new place!)












4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move! It sounds like a better fit, and it's just fun to have new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay so fun to see your first apartment (albeit later rather than sooner). It will always be special because it's your first place together, but having a house is wonderful! I'm jealous of all your extra space! :D Love you guys - Alex & Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Jenny! I'm glad you are happy. We should get together sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys have been working so hard! I love your list about what you love in the new house...I know the feeling about people being able to spell your last name! Thanks for a fun night on Saturday! love ya!

    ReplyDelete